1. Identify the parking lot that was the most diverse. Based on your observations during the lab, explain why your prediction in question #1 of the prelab was supported or not supported.
2. List the single most abundant species in each set of data, and write a plausible explanation to explain why these are the most abundant species.
3. Determine the maximum and minimum values for the Shannon Diversity Index in the parking lot you surveyed.
4. If you conducted this lab in a shopping mall parking lot, predict whether the Shannon Diversity Index would be high or low, and how it would compare to the school parking lots.
5. If you conducted this lab at a new car dealership, predict whether the Shannon Diversity Index would be high or low, and how it would compare to the school parking lots.
1. The student parking lot was more diverse than the staff. Based on my observations during the lab, my prediction was supported that the student parking lot was going to be more diverse.
2. The single most abundant species in the student parking was silver colored cars. There maybe was more silver because silver is a neutral color and can cost less than an orange car. The single most abundant species in the staff parking was also silver and this could be because of the same reason as stated before.
3. If this was conducted in a shopping mall parking lot the Shannon Diversity Index would be higher because there would be a more of a diversity. A shopping mall parking mall would be more diverse because more people from different parts go to the mall and it would be a bigger poll.
4. If this was conducted in a new car dealership the Shannon Diversity Index would be lower because the car dealership would only have a limited number of colored and would most likely have more neutral colored cars.
It's interesting to see that this year so far we are not as dry compared to a few years ago when we were pretty bad in a drought.
I find it interesting that 17 years ago the ocean temperature were way less than today, which would be the cause for recent hurricanes.
It's interesting to see that California's monthly precipitation is zero, but that makes sense since it doesn't rain every month.
I find it interesting to see that that month temperatures in California were warmer than normal.
Its interesting to see that in 2014 the drought was maybe at its worse.